Welcome to our website !
Election Observation and Democratic Support (EODS) is a project funded by the European Commission, which started in January 2013, following the completion of the NEEDS project. It has three main areas of support – strengthening the EU Election Observation Mission methodology, which includes updating the observer handbook; training core team members and long term observers in EU methodology, election principles and observation techniques; and sharing this methodology with regional organisations and networks.
EODS follows the principles of the Declaration of Principles for International Election Observation Commemorated at the United Nations in October 2005
The Election Observation and Democratic Support (EODS), a project funded by the European Commission, will carry out an advanced training on International Obligations and Election Disputes Resolution from Monday 21 until Friday 25 October 2013. The training is for a maximum of 16 participants and will take place at the EODS office, located at 82 Rue de la Loi, 1040 Brussels, Belgium. The duration of the training is five days and its language is English. As this is an advanced training, only experienced analysts need to apply. This is a chance to meet peers, exchange experiences and deepen your understanding of your role.
- The EODS project will cover travel and living expenses required for participation in the training.
- Applicants must be registered on the EU Roster of International Election Observers. It is recommended to all applicants for EODS trainings to update their CVs in the roster before applying.
- Applicants must fulfill the general and specific criteria specified in the notification to be considered for the training. Click in the link at the end of this notice to access the notification.
- Interested individuals should directly apply online to EODS through this link: www.eods.eu/application. For a successful application, please fill-in the online form and include a CV and a motivation letter. Only online applications with the requested information and documents will be considered.
- The deadline for reception of applications is 29 September 2013 at 18:00 hours (Brussels time)
- A selection committee will be convened within 10 days of the deadline. Candidates will be informed of their selection or non-selection shortly after by email.
- For additional information please visit the EODS website: www.eods.eu
|Please read carefully the general and specific requirements of the notification below before considering your candidacy as only applications meeting the requirements will be considered. EXTENSIVE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE ON ELECTIONS IS REQUIRED.|