Welcome to our website !
Election Observation and Democratic Support (EODS) is a project funded by the European Commission, which started in January 2013, following the completion of the NEEDS project. It has three main areas of support – strengthening the EU Election Observation Mission methodology, which includes updating the observer handbook; training core team members and long term observers in EU methodology, election principles and observation techniques; and sharing this methodology with regional organisations and networks.
EODS follows the principles of the Declaration of Principles for International Election Observation Commemorated at the United Nations in October 2005
Election Observation and Democratic Support (EODS), a project funded by the European Commission, is organising a training for the position of Deputy Chief Observer in EU EOMs from Monday 23 until Friday 27 June 2014. The training aims at providing participants with knowledge and tools to work as deputy chief observers in EU EOMs. The training is for a maximum of 16 participants and it will take place at the EODS office, located at 82 Rue de la Loi, 1040 Brussels, Belgium. The duration of the training is five days and its language is English.
- The EODS project will cover travel and living expenses required for participation in the training.
- Applicants must be registered on the EU Roster of International Election Observers. It is recommended to all applicants for EODS trainings to update their CVs in the roster before applying.
- Applicants must fulfil the general and specific criteria specified in the notification to be considered for the training. Please read them here
- Interested individuals should directly apply online to EODS through this link: www.eods.eu/application. For a successful application, please follow the instructions contained in the online form and include a CV and a motivation letter. Only online applications with the requested information and documents will be considered.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 1 June 2014 at midnight (Brussels time).
- For additional information please visit the EODS website: www.eods.eu
Please read carefully the general and specific requirements of the notification before considering your candidacy as only applications meeting the requirements will be considered. Due to the high level of interest for these trainings EODS may be unable to answer individual questions from prospective applicants.